Gluten,Free,,Carb,,Vegan,,ONETANG,cca.edu.np,Low,Konjac,Noodles,Grocery Gourmet Food , Pantry Staples , Pasta Noodles,/derelictness532698.html,Fettuccini,,$4 ONETANG Konjac Noodles Fettuccini Vegan Carb Free Gluten Low Max 86% OFF ONETANG Konjac Noodles Fettuccini Vegan Carb Free Gluten Low Max 86% OFF $4 ONETANG Konjac Noodles Fettuccini, Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Grocery Gourmet Food Pantry Staples Pasta Noodles $4 ONETANG Konjac Noodles Fettuccini, Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Grocery Gourmet Food Pantry Staples Pasta Noodles Gluten,Free,,Carb,,Vegan,,ONETANG,cca.edu.np,Low,Konjac,Noodles,Grocery Gourmet Food , Pantry Staples , Pasta Noodles,/derelictness532698.html,Fettuccini,,$4
As you may guess from the name, shirataki noodles originated in Japan. They are made from the Konjac root, also called White Yam or Devilâs Tongue. They have a gelatinous texture and are a good source of the dietary fiber Glucomannan.
To make the noodles, the Glucomannan fiber is extracted from the Konjac root and mixed with water and limewater. This creates a gelatinous substance called konnyaku which is made into noodle-like or rice-like substances.
The finished noodles are 97% water and 3% indigestible fiber, making it a zero calorie noodle.
These noodles have gained the nickname âMiracle Noodles,â and are completely paleo and calorie-free.
They have virtually no taste on their own but have a slight fish-like smell when packaged wet. This is due to the water they are packaged in and can be easily rinsed off.
It would seem like a product like this is too good to be true, but Shirataki noodles live up to their hype.
These noodles are a high-fiber food yet have no calories and no carbohydrates. The Glucomannan fiber in the noodles is a type of viscous fiber (soluble fiber). This is similar to what is found in chia seeds why they can absorb up to 50 times their weight in water.
Prebiotics in Glucomannan Fiber
The viscous fiber in Shirataki noodles is known as a prebiotic, meaning that it is indigestible to humans. It provides no calories or nutrients to human cells, but nourishes good bacteria in the digestive system.
Glucomannan for Weight Loss
Shirataki products and other Glucomannan containing foods are sometimes recommended for weight loss. These foods are no-calorie and high-fiber and are recommended on various types of diets.
Glucomannan as a Resistant Starch
Glucomannan is a great source of resistant starch and an incredibly easy way to incorporate this into the diet
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the organic konjac fettuccine according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the roasted peppers together with the liquid from the jar into a food processor or bullet blender and puree until smooth.
3. Heat up a large, non-stick pan. Add butter, shrimp, paprika, and red pepper flakes and cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat. Add salt and garlic, and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Reduce the heat to low and remove the shrimp from the pan. To the same pan, add the pureed roasted pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add Half amp; Half and Parmesan and cook for 1 more minute. Turn off the heat.
6. Return the shrimp to the pan and add the fettuccine. Mix everything well. 7. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.